School-based DEIJ Team Facilitator
(Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice)
Location: Drury High School, Brayton Elementary School, Greylock Elementary School and Colegrove Park Elementary School
This position is for the school year only. The role of DEIJ Team Facilitator is to work actively to have open dialogue, review curricular materials, propose activities, lessons, etc. to promote equity within each school. This team will meet regularly for the 2022/2023 school year. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about Anti-racist/Anti-Bias work and developing a culturally responsive pedagogy or who are curious about doing this work. The facilitator is also responsible for planning and organizing monthly meetings using DEIJ protocol for note-taking.
Anticipated start date: September 12, 2022.
1. Current North Adams Public Schools employee
2. Learning through formal & supportive training, self-study, reflection, discussion & dialogue.
3. Working collaboratively with school administration & other team members to determine action steps that are in support of equitable practices and align with goals outlined in the school improvement plan.
4. Working with the team to monitor action plans.
5. Facilitating small group work using PLC processes during contractual professional development time.
6. Representing school & grade level colleagues at the DEIJ meetings.
7. Working collaboratively to ensure high quality professional development & collaboration time across grade levels & departments.
8. Attending & actively participating in regularly scheduled after-school meetings.
9. Working with the school principal, ILT & other DEIJ team members to support a positive & collaborative inquiry-based culture.
10. Facilitate monthly school-based DEIJ Team meetings.
11.Attend District DEIJ Team meetings to communicate updates from school-based works.
Physical Requirements: The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting and climbing stairs and step stool whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. The position requires lifting objects of 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 20 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a computer, typewriter, keyboard, calculator, and other business machines.
Environmental Conditions: The occupant is required to work indoors. The regular chemical solvents are toners, inks, and cleaning fluids.
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business; No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of age, race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.
10 Main Street, Second Floor, North Adams, MA 01247