Head Teachers - Elementary
Location: Colegrove Park, Brayton and Greylock Elementary Schools (one at each school building)
This is an annual internal posting for current NAPS faculty members. The following position is stipended per the NATA contract and is for the school year only.
Job Goal: Assume full responsibility for the school and its occupants in the absence of the principal, when directed to do so. To support the principal and teachers in the development and implementation of the academic program in the school. To assist the principal in data analysis and planning for school improvement. To assist with coordination of professional development and mentoring for professional staff, and staff evaluation. This will be in addition to a full-time teaching assignment.
Supervision: Reports to the building Principal and when necessary to the Superintendent.
1. Acts for the principal in his/her absence, when so directed.
2. Serves on the building Instructional Leadership Team.
3. Assists the principal in supervising and evaluating the effectiveness of school-based personnel.
4. Assists the principal in developing and communicating school mission, goals, annual school improvement plan and expectation for the school’s educational program to teachers, staff, and parents.
5. Assists the principal in the development of staff in-services and professional development at the building level.
6. Assists the principal in monitoring and improving student achievement through the analysis of multiple data sources.
7. Assists in the implementation of the school emergency plan in order to maintain a safe and orderly environment.
8. Serves as representative at district administrative meetings, when so directed.
9. Assists the principal and district Mentor Coordinator in the coordination of mentoring support for non-professional status teachers.
10. Any other duties that may be assigned by the building administrator.
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business; No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of age, race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.
Required: Department of Education Certification as a Teacher. At least three years of experience as a Teacher.
Preferred: Four or more years of work experience as a Teacher.
Physical Requirements: The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting and climbing stairs and step stool whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. The position requires lifting objects of 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 20 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a computer, typewriter, keyboard, calculator, and other business machines.
Environmental Conditions: The occupant is required to work indoors. The regular chemical solvents are toners, inks, and cleaning fluids.
Stipend per the NATA contract
10 Main Street, Second Floor, North Adams, MA 01247