Instructional Leadership Team Member (ILT) 5 per school
Location: NAPS Elementary Schools
Anticipated start date: September, 2022.
Job Goal: The role of the Instructional Leadership Team Member is to work actively as a Professional Learning Community colleague to provide support for school improvement efforts in teaching and learning.
Supervision: Reports to the Building Principal.
1. Learning (through formal & supportive training, self-study, reflection, discussion & dialogue) about the PLC process & facilitation of teams.
2. Working collaboratively with school administration & other team members to determine focal school improvement action plans at the school by team processes of data inquiry, looking at student & teacher work, non-evaluative learning walks & student support as identified in the school’s SIP.
3. Working with the team to monitor action plans.
4. Facilitating small group work using PLC processes at Teacher Team & grade level meetings during contractual professional development time.
5. Representing school & grade level colleagues at the ILT meetings.
6. Working collaboratively to ensure high quality professional development & collaboration time across grade levels & departments.
7. Attending & actively participating in regularly scheduled after-school meetings (2 afternoons a month) throughout the school year from across the school district as well as off-site PLC training for 2 days during the academic year.
8. Attend summer data institute meetings.
9. Working with the school principal & other ILT members to support a positive & collaborative inquiry-based culture at the school.
Current NAPS Elementary Teacher at Brayton Elementary, Colegrove Park and Greylock Elementary Schools. Excellent communication skills. Strong people skills. Willingness to learn. Positive approach. Time & commitment to be present at meetings. Interest in learning about PLC facilitation skills & processes that will be shared with colleagues in grade-level and full staff meetings.
Physical Requirements: The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting and climbing stairs and step stool whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. The position requires lifting objects of 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 20 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a computer, typewriter, keyboard, calculator, and other business machines.
Environmental Conditions: The occupant is required to work indoors. The regular chemical solvents are toners, inks, and cleaning fluids.
A stipend of $650.00
To apply, please email Charlene Volff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business; No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of age, race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.