School Reopening Instructional Support Staff
Location: Colegrove Park Elementary School
Job Goal: To assist in providing a classroom environment where all students, including those with special needs, can learn and participate as fully as possible.
Supervision: Reports to the Building Principal and the Director of Student Support Services
Description: Instructional support staff assigned to assist in the delivery of instruction for in-person and remote learners. This is a short term position from date of hire to June 14, 2021. It is for 6 hours per day for 5 days per week. The hourly rate for this position is $14.05.
1. Work with individuals and small groups of students on all aspects of their curriculum, under the teacher’s direction.
2. Supervise and guide small and large group instruction, as set up by the teacher.
3. Assist individual children in need of special attention or programming, as requested.
4. Assist the teacher with non-instructional classroom duties, such as supervising classroom routines or preparing materials.
5. To assist with non-instructional activities such as supervision of lunchroom, assemblies, field trips, etc.
6. Maintain the same high level of ethical behavior and confidentiality of information about students as is expected of teachers.
7. Perform related duties as requested by the classroom teacher, special education support teacher, and/or building principal.
8. Support staff may be reassigned as needed.
Requirements: Required: High School diploma or equivalent required.Must possess experience and demonstrate an aptitude for working with youth. 48 or more credits are required or applicant must pass ParaPro exam. Willingness to participate in in-service training and opportunities offered by the district.
Preferred: Experience working with children, familiarity with Zoom and learning management systems.
Physical Requirements: The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting and climbing stairs and step stool whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. The position requires lifting objects of 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 20 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a computer, typewriter, keyboard, calculator, and other business machines.
Environmental Conditions: The occupant is required to work indoors. The regular chemical solvents are toners, inks, and cleaning fluids.
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business; No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of age, race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.