Special Education Coordinators
BRAYTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
COLEGROVE PARK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
DRURY HIGH SCHOOL GRADES 7/8
DRURY HIGH SCHOOL GRADES 9-12
DRURY HIGH SCHOOL ARMORY CAMPUS
GREYLOCK ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
SPECIAL EDUCATION COORDINATOR FOR EARLY CHILDHOOD (DISTRICT)
SPECIAL EDUCATION COORDINATOR-AUTISM SPECIALIST(DISTRICT)
This is an annual internal posting for current NAPS faculty members. The following position is stipended per the NATA contract and is for the school year only.
Job Goal: To coordinate the various special education services and functions mandated for students in the North Adams Public Schools.
Supervision: Responsible to the administrator of special education. Advisory and service relationship with all other professional staff members.
1. Prepare individual educational plans.
2. Chair team meetings.
3. Provide crisis intervention and support for teachers.
4. Make necessary home visits.
5. Supervise residential placements.
6. Coordinate speech pathology therapy.
7. Coordinate physical and occupational therapy programs.
8. Oversee the delivery of services to children on individual educational plans.
9. Supervise kindergarten and preschool screening.
10. Be responsible for diagnostic testing.
11. Provide parent out-reach.
12. Coordinate pertinent in-service training for staff.
13. Serve as liaison to outside service agencies.
14. Prepare reports as required.
15. Maintain all pertinent files.
16. Performs any duties related thereto.
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business; No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of age, race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.
Required: Master’s degree. Massachusetts special education certification.
Preferred: Five years teaching experience. Experience with testing.
Physical Requirements: The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting and climbing stairs and step stool whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. The position requires lifting objects of 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 20 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a computer, typewriter, keyboard, calculator, and other business machines.
Environmental Conditions: The occupant is required to work indoors. The regular chemical solvents are toners, inks, and cleaning fluids.
Applications due: July 5, 2022.
Stipend per the NATA contract
10 Main Street, Second Floor, North Adams, MA 01247