Team Leaders-High School
STEM Team Leader
Humanities Team Leader
Arts and Movement Team Leader
7-8 Academy Team Leader
Drury High School
This is an internal posting for current NAPS faculty members. The following positions are stipended per the NATA contract and are for the school year only.
Job Goal: To administer and supervise one or more subject areas, departments, or grade level teams at Drury High School
Supervision: Responsible to the Building Principal. Responsible for professional and non-professional team staffs. Advisory and service relationships with other professional staff members.
1. Coordinate and direct the use of common planning time.
2. Participate in the selection, supervision, and evaluation of professional and non-professional staff members.
3. Supervise and coordinate instructional methods and techniques.
4. Provide leadership in curriculum coordination, evaluation, and development.
5. Provide leadership in assessment development and the measurement of student performance.
6. Aid in the interviewing and hiring of new faculty and staff during the school year and during the summer.
7. Perform the role of supervisory evaluator for members of the department or team.
8. Assume responsibility for the selection, care, distribution, storage, and inventory of texts and educational materials.
9. Prepare and administer the team budgets.
10. Teach classes as necessary (a minimum of four classes per year).
11. Assist with scheduling of students and teachers.
12. Assist in orientation of new staff members.
13. Develop and implement professional development.
14. Promote inter-departmental coordination and cooperation.
15. Coordinate the student teaching program for the department or team.
16. Initiate and coordinate all public relation efforts for the department or team.
17. Facilitate and evaluate the use of data by teachers, departments, and/or teams.
18. Direct and provide assistance to substitute teachers.
19. Serve as member of the ILT (Instructional Leadership Team), attend twice-monthly meetings after school, prepare to present at meetings.
20. Attend School Committee meetings as necessary.
21. Attend major school events, including but not limited to class night, graduation, awards ceremonies, banquets, etc.
22. Attend summer planning sessions (a minimum of two days).
23. Assume responsibility for keeping up-to-date professionally by reading widely, attending professional meetings, visiting other schools, taking courses at accredited colleges or universities, and any other means that will contribute to professional growth.
24. Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Principal.
The Committee's policy of nondiscrimination will extend to students, staff, the general public, and individuals with whom it does business; No person shall be excluded from or discriminated against in admission to a public school of any town or in obtaining the advantages, privileges, and courses of study of such public school on account of age, race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or homelessness.
Required: Massachusetts certification in the relevant subject area or grade level content. Minimum of three years teaching experience.
Preferred: Experience in an educational leadership role.
Physical Requirements: The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting and climbing stairs and step stool whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. The position requires lifting objects of 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 20 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a computer, typewriter, keyboard, calculator, and other business machines.
Environmental Conditions: The occupant is required to work indoors. The regular chemical solvents are toners, inks, and cleaning fluids.
Applications due: June 30, 2022.
Stipend per the NATA contract
10 Main Street, Second Floor, North Adams, MA 01247