November 30, 2020
Dear North Adams Students, Families, Staff and Community Members,
We have learned of a positive test for COVID-19 at Brayton Elementary School. Cleaning and disinfecting of the possible exposed locations will be completed in accordance with the DPH and CDC guidance. All students and staff who were in contact with the infected individual have been notified through contact tracing. Staff and cohort A students who were notified will be eligible to return to school on 12/7/2020. Students in cohort B who were notified will be eligible to return to school on 12/10/2020.
The district has coordinated with the Department of Public Health and will follow all recommendations. If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Nurse Leader for the district, Lauren Gage, at 413-662-3240 ext. 2303 or email@example.com.
How Can You Help
Be proactive about reducing the number of interactions that students and staff have with one another by practicing physical distancing (staying at least 6 feet apart) to limit the spread of COVID-19. In addition to physical distancing, another important tool to prevent the spread of coronavirus is to practice good hygiene. Important public health prevention messages include:
● Stay at home when you are sick.
● Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and water are unavailable, hand sanitizer can be used.
● Cover your cough or sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not hands, to cover a cough/ sneeze.
● Limit close contact with people who are sick, and avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
● All students and staff must wear a mask at all times in public, other than while seated and eating.
Thank you for your participation in keeping our staff and students safe.